Friday 8 November 2013

Photographer two - Adrienne Adam

  This photograph shows the formal element pattern. The photo is in black and white making the pattern that the flowers make very prominent. I think this photo is slightly different to other pattern photos because each patterns is slightly different from flower to flower.
 This photo shows pattern in the repeated shapes of the leaves. The colouring changes the photo so that it differs from other pattern pictures as the natural colour usually adds to the colour in the photo. This shows quite a unique pattern.
 I like this photograph because the photo appears to be completely natural, meaning that the photographer just took this photograph without arranging it to make a pattern. I like the way that the pattern is slightly broken up with the stem of the leaf leading perfectly from the middle down.
I like this photograph because the formal element pattern is shown clearly but the colour does not perfectly go with the repeated pattern. Once again I like the fact that this is a naturally occurring pattern like many of this photographers other photographs.







Chosen...
I have chosen this photographer because of the clear interest in the formal element pattern going with the work I will be completing. I like the way the photographer has taken the photo so that the only thing in the photo is the pattern and they are all taken of naturally occurring patterns instead of manmade or arranged patterns.

Influence...
This photographer has influenced my work because when photographing pattern I will try and make sure I only photograph the pattern so it is obvious this is the reason the photo has been taken.

Summary...
Overall I like this photographer because they show pattern in a different way to other photographers that I have seen. The only thing I don't like about this photographers work is the colours are quite dull and bland which prevents the photo being very eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment